The 20th Asia Pacific Industrial Engineering And Management Systems (APIEMS 2019)
Timetable is updated.
Keynote abstracts are updated.
We will have 3 keynote speakers,
- Prof. Shimon Y. Nof (Purdue University, USA)
From integration to augmentation, from interaction to collaborative control — IE/MS frontiers for future work and factories
When we study the emerging and amazing future of work and future factories, with curiosity and with serious intention to be prepared for them, we realize: Humans must always be in the loop, but differently. There seem to emerge certain role reversals, with interesting and useful transformations. How do we interact with collaborative robots? ...
- Dr. Kenichi Funaki (Hitachi, Ltd., Japan)
New arena for industrial engineering and management science in the tech-driven era
We are entering the most exciting technology-driven era ever being experienced. What does it mean to industrial engineering and management science? AI accelerates automation of all the business processes? Autonomous drones solve problems of the last mile delivery? AR/MR releases field engineers from dangerous and harsh work environment? ...
- Prof. Chika Mouri (Toyama University, Japan)
How Big Data can help people with developmental disabilities: as with Kampo medicine, the treatment formula is different for different individuals
People with developmental disabilities (DD) have different problems and skills in comparison with people in general. It follows, ideally, that the methods for assisting people with DD should be different, i.e., tailor-made to suit each individual. An example of this is seen with Kampo, the Japanese traditional medicine, where the treatment of symptoms varies depending on the individual and his or her situation. ...
Welcome to APIEMS2019
APIEMS2019 will be held in Kanazawa City, Japan. APIEMS2019 continues the series of APIEMS conference to provide a forum for exchanging ideas and information about latest developments in the field of industrial engineering and management system among professionals from Asia-Pacific countries.
Industrial engineering was sprouted from major engineering disciplines that called for better professional understanding of industrialization. Ever since, our discipline has been the star role player in confronting emerging industries; be it manufacturing, service, high tech products, outer space technology, information technology, industrial policy, ergonomics, and now world’s greatest concern, sustainable development. The Core value of APIEMS is associating and exchanging the better industrial engineering education, researches, and exchange information from different countries.
APIEMS initiated from two conferences held in 1998, China-Japan Joint Conference on industrial engineering and management in Beijing, China, and Korea-Japan Joint Conference on industrial engineering and management in Taejon, Korea, produced some excellent results and the two were merged to form a single conference in the following year 1999, when the 2nd APIEMS conference was held at Kanazawa, Japan. The following is the list of previous APIEMS conference:
- 1998: 1st APIEMS, Korea-Japan Workshop, Daejeon, Korea and China-Japan Workshop, Beijing, China
- 1999: 2nd APIEMS, Kanazawa, Japan
- 2000: 3rd APIEMS, Hong Kong, China
- 2002: 4th APIEMS, Taipei, Taiwan
- 2004: 5th APIEMS, Gold Coast, Australia
- 2005: 6th APIEMS, Manila, Philippines
- 2006: 7th APIEMS, Bangkok, Thailand
- 2007: 8th APIEMS, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
- 2008: 9th APIEMS, Bali, Indonesia
- 2009: 10th APIEMS, Kitakyushu, Japan
- 2010: 11th APIEMS, Malacca, Malaysia
- 2011: 12th APIEMS, Beijing, China
- 2012: 13th APIEMS, Phuket, Thailand
- 2013: 14th APIEMS, Cebu, Philippines
- 2014: 15th APIEMS, Jeju, Korea
- 2015: 16th APIEMS, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- 2016: 17th APIEMS, Taipei, Taiwan
- 2017: 18th APIEMS, Yogyakarta, Indonesia
- 2018: 19th APIEMS, Hong Kong, China